Saturday, January 28, 2006

A Conversation

-- Do you love her? he asked.
-- I think I do.
-- You "think"?
-- Yes, I think.
-- Perhaps you think too much.
-- Perhaps you think too little.
-- Nevermind.
-- ...
-- So how do you know you love her?
-- Well, I don't know, really.
-- Then you don't love her.
-- Why do you say that?
-- It's true!
-- ...and helpful.
-- No, seriously though: you must know that you love her.
-- But I don't know.
-- Then you don't love her.
-- But I do, I think.
-- You do, then?
-- I think.
-- You know.
-- I don't know.
-- ...
-- ...
-- Well, I can't know for you.
-- Right. You can't know for me.
-- I mean, I would if I could...
-- Right, but you can't. I see. No worries.
-- ...
-- ...
-- So, one more question.
-- Yea?
-- Do you love her?
-- I've said I don't know.
-- Yes, I suppose you have.
-- Yes.
-- Well, can you be saved without her?
-- ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home